Closer to the Source includes other than foods!

In addition to foods, Closer to the Source will cover other areas of focus in improving and simplifying our lives!

Friday, February 20, 2015

The Winds of Change...


Often "change" is good.

It always presents new, exciting opportunities! Whether or not you view change as good, change always presents an opportunity for learning! The past 18 months has been unique from numerous points of view! Some of the changes, I will discuss herein. Some of it is way too personal.


Over the past several years, I've experienced numerous health  challenges. But, never to the extent of total disability! I was involved in providing personal support to two disabled adult siblings. One afternoon, as I had just finished lifting the brother into his wheelchair, getting him buckled, I turned to continue with the next item, I found myself on the floor! I had not tripped on anything. My left leg just failed me. I just got up and continued with the evening. As time progressed, so did the challenge. Often, in the falling, other muscles were damaged, as well as surface damages. .

Most of my challenges can be traced to all those little choices over the years.....what I've eaten, my choice of beverages, my level of physical exercise, etc. For quite a while, I've recognized a need to change my habits..."just not yet!" "YES, Today! Right now!"

Have any of you seen the Joe Cross documentary, Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead? Today, I begin my journey. Aside from Joe Cross (https://www.facebook.com/joethejuicer) and (http://www.rebootwithjoe.com/tag/joe-cross/) I've also connected with several other health-related blogs and such. Another I enjoy is Ka Sundance (https://www.facebook.com/TheRawfoodfamily). Some are pretty sensible; some are out a bit far for me! For the present, this blog will be about my journey!

P.S. I actually did shoot a couple of pictures of the "before" me. I've buried them so deep into my hard drive that even the FBI would have a hard time finding them.Yes, they are that disgusting!  In the interim, I'll ponder showing them as a comparison when I'm closer to my goal!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments. Please keep them to the point, clean, positive aand uplifting!