Closer to the Source includes other than foods!

In addition to foods, Closer to the Source will cover other areas of focus in improving and simplifying our lives!

Monday, February 23, 2015

It's a Challenge of Habits!










For me it's way more about my habits than my nutrition!

*wrapping up Day 3*

As today progressed, I've took note of a few things as they presented themselves. I got out of bed, visited with Heavenly Father, and went to the kitchen with the thought in mind of, "what should I cook for breakfast today?" Habit has been -- out of bed, cook breakfast.  It's not like I was starving. It's just the habit. 

Instead, I assembled the juicer, collected the components, and went about other morning things before juicing.....turn on my computer (since my office is here also) and got ready for the day. I checked a few Internet places, and THEN returned to my juicing adventure. When you shake things up, change the dance steps, habits start changing!

I enjoyed juicing today's portion, cleaned up the juicer, and then enjoyed about 20 ounces of delicious "green" juice (I went a little heavy on carrots as a stretcher). I had increased the ginger and garlic, and may need to again next batch.

Come 12:30 pm I consumed about 12 ounces of my juice, along with a helping of pasta, some sunflower kernels, and two fresh carrots. I didn't run out of steam through the day. 

I needed to run some errands for family, and myself. As 
I mentioned yesterday, I needed to purchase a new glucose monitor , which I did (and forgot until just now to check blood pressure while at the pharmacy).  I had a few morning distractions today and forgot to take my meds this morning. Yet at 5 pm today, my blood glucose level, albeit a little high, would have made my doctor smile.

Back to habits -- I needed fuel for my vehicle. Fuel is sold in C Stores. C Stores sell soda. As I walked into the Maverik store to prepay my fuel purchase, even without my refill cup in hand, I found myself at the fountain before I turned and walked back to the cashier (without a soda!) Not that I was even craving a Diet Dr. Pepper! I went there for gas, it's the stupid habit.

I will end my consumption today with my evening juice and maybe sit back and watch a movie.

By the way, I checked my blood sugar 30 minutes after my evening juice and it was lower than earlier!

~Have a restful night!~


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments. Please keep them to the point, clean, positive aand uplifting!