Closer to the Source includes other than foods!

In addition to foods, Closer to the Source will cover other areas of focus in improving and simplifying our lives!

Sunday, February 22, 2015

I can feel it!


It's 5pm on "Day 2".


 I'll soon be consuming my "evening meal".  I woke before my morning alarm today (by 25 minutes!). My energy level has been pretty good. I arrived at Church early enough to greet several friend and still restfully enjoy the prelude music. I stayed alert during services, and even participate in class discussion! Some would say that is very unusual for me. My mobility seemed better, as well. I was able to stand from the classroom chairs (regular steel folding chairs). I've really had trouble with that. And getting up did not seem to leave me gasping for air and short of breath.  I seem to be breathing more easily. Coincidence?  I think not!



As I travel along this new path, my daily consumption will be approximately 40 ounces of juice and one "normal" meal, along with about 40 ounces of water for the first few days.  If I feel OK with things, I plan to eliminate the "normal meal" for the next segment. My morning meal today was an 18 ounce juice consisting of a mixture of green juice with a little tomato juice.(I am using up left-over stuff where it fits.) After church today, I enjoyed an 10 ounce green juice, a reasonable serving of pasta and a fresh avocado.

I will be replacing my glucose monitor tomorrow so I (and others,) will feel more at ease. For the first time, I'll actually be journaling  my intake and glucose levels, as the doctors have been telling me for a long time! Mostly, I'll be monitoring how my body feels, more than the numbers, and hopefully the numbers will bear out the results as well.

I hope you had a blessed Sabbath Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments. Please keep them to the point, clean, positive aand uplifting!