Closer to the Source includes other than foods!

In addition to foods, Closer to the Source will cover other areas of focus in improving and simplifying our lives!

Saturday, February 21, 2015

A New Beginning!

This is a learning opportunity for me. For a very long time, I have recognized the value of #FRESHjuices. One huge excuse is Social Pressures. Are you going to do the juice fast thing when, all around you people are "eating normal"? Unless you live alone, it's not always easy

* Today I bought a $60.00 juicer, some kale, celery, carrots, lemons, apples, and cucumbers. I have commonly used fresh jalepenos in a lot of my cooking. I have several large peppers in my fridge.
* Prepped the machine and the produce.
* I juiced one bunch of kale, two apples, one lemon, one j-pepper (if anyone asks, no, I don't remove the seeds!), four stalks of celery and one cucumber.
* It was about 37 ounces of green juice, pretty tasty! (Next time, I'll use perhaps a 3rd the pepper.)

*So far, that's all I've had today. I'm feeling ok. My energy has been at zero. So far today it's doing OK...it's noon.

* Mid-afternoon we did enjoy a birthday celebration for my dad (89 next week). So, had a big salad and a little lasagna, and a small strawberry shortcake. Great progress for me.

* I found a you tube video from a user of the same juicer I bought  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4--OvJXLXw
* My juicer purchase was based on "the best quality within my budget! I need to #beginjuicingnow, not wait until I can afford the best!

.*Now to apply other learning...I've heard that we should not consume our meals, etc, after 5 or 6pm. Let's see how I do this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments. Please keep them to the point, clean, positive aand uplifting!