Closer to the Source includes other than foods!

In addition to foods, Closer to the Source will cover other areas of focus in improving and simplifying our lives!

Saturday, February 21, 2015

Prep for Day 2....

I can do this #juicefast! I’m getting a head start on Day2. Tonight (end of Day 1) I will prepare my Sunday juices. A little variety is good. This batch will contain some additional veggies….ginger and garlic in small amount at first and broccoli. I will use less of the jalepeno pepper. Last time I used a whole large pepper. It was actually still slightly within my tolerance. So, apples, celery, cucumber, kale, lemon, ginger, garlic, and a half pepper.

When I was done with the juice for Day 2, I realized that I had only done 1/2 the cucumber. I'll use it on the next batch! I didn't detect the garlic or ginger. Overall it seemed a little sweeter (and a bit less peppery). I'll better evaluate it in the morning!

I even made an attempt at a video of the process. I'll try again another day! You know, "practice makes perfect."

In the documentary film, Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead, Joe Cross went 60 days on just juicing. He did great, as did his friend, Phil. Both were under "close" medical supervision. Joe stresses this fact in follow up information on his website and facebook. I will be working in five day increments. As long as my energy continues upward, and my weight downward, my blood sugars and blood pressure are in maintained levels, I will be self managing this initial part of the journey. My desire is to be free of the medications presently prescribed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments. Please keep them to the point, clean, positive aand uplifting!