Closer to the Source includes other than foods!

In addition to foods, Closer to the Source will cover other areas of focus in improving and simplifying our lives!

Sunday, March 1, 2015

OH NO! Those Darned Cravings!

What should I do when I get a craving for old favorites, when I am engaged in a Juice Fast? 

Here's a link to Ka Sundance, discussing cravings! I enjoy many of the videos and articles from the RawFoodFamily's website, and YouTube channel.

Most of the information I've read says basically the same thing, with some variations. Those common points basically boil down to:

  • Drink more juice
  • Drink more water
  • Refocus on  your motivation, "why am I doing this adventure?"
  • Check your progress....blood pressure, blood glucose, weight loss, mind clarity
  • Distract yourself with an activity you enjoy....go for a walk, do some yoga, watch a funny movie, read a great book, work in the yard (or shovel some snow)!
Have you ever read the story,  Acres of Diamonds? It's kind of sad. He gave too quickly, like if we were to let the craving get to us and we quit!

The following segment is from YourVegLife:

Probably the toughest thing you have to worry about during the fast are the signals your body gives you. The first 4 to 5 days are the toughest because you will feel incredibly hungry and ready to eat whatever you can find. Make sure you empty your fridge and cupboards of all possible temptations, particularly if these temptations fall into the “binge addiction” category. You don’t want to compromise the success of your fast by being tempted all the time. When you go to work, avoid eating with co-workers during the juice fast. If you have to watch them eat each day, that is torture, unless you are a masochist. Avoid passing by restaurants and places that serve food or limit yourself to doing quick grocery shopping because of all the smells you will have to face. The solution I found was to get my produce delivered at home to avoid having to “see” food in my grocery store.
During the fast, you will also be assaulted by your cravings for certain foods. It may also be foods you used to eat and have chosen to part with years ago. In my case, I found myself with cravings for certain animal products. These were the ones I used to love but let go off. Cravings will pass. Addiction cravings also surface a lot. In my case, I had a lot of cravings for simple carbs like pasta and bread. This is normal. Your body has its own consciousness. It never forgets what used to be. You just have to be vigilant to not fall back into old habits and that is not always easy.
When you feel all the above, just keep drinking your juice. The absorption of nutrients helps calm hunger and cravings. Time to be strong!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments. Please keep them to the point, clean, positive aand uplifting!