Closer to the Source includes other than foods!

In addition to foods, Closer to the Source will cover other areas of focus in improving and simplifying our lives!

Friday, March 6, 2015

How Do You Get Through Your Day?

Sometimes we think we have insurmountable challenges, wondering how we can ever overcome. I just learned of a man in South Carolina with a different perspective on challenges. (link) Watch this YouTube clip and think about what you can learn from him!


Now, our discussion is not about an automotive engineer or NASCAR championships. But, it is about learning to overcome our challenges and roadblocks! Learning is key to my health renewal adventure, as it is to yours. I have been looking primarily at the concepts and methods of juicing. Another common pathway is blending. Each has a strong advocacy. Some claim the other is wrong, some accept both and practice both. I like Joe Cross' comment that it's more about consuming the WHOLE fruits and veggies with all the nutients, combining juicing, blending, and eating them. He has a visual he has labeled as his "juicing vs blending infographic" which gives you a visual description of both processes.

For those wanting some great smoothie recipes, check out www.incrediblesmoothies.com/.


So, How am I doing?

Thank you for asking.  It has been twenty days since I have had any soda pop, with or without caffeine. This weekend will mark two weeks on this adventure. I still have not weighed myself. This because "weight loss" is not my primary focus. At the point of setting out on my journey, I had a hard time breathing, getting up from my desk was a chore. I was retaining fluids and related concern with that. I had trouble sleeping. My blood sugars were way too high, etc., etc.! My main goal has been to improve my overall health. As that occurs, the weight concerns will fall into place. So, twelve days along the path, I can breath much better. I am sleeping better. I definitely eliminate more fluid than I consume. So, my mobility is greatly improved.

My dietary practices are very different than two weeks ago. The first week, I did juice two meals and one meat-based meal daily. This week has been plant-based only. I have "snacked" on whole fruits and veggies, nuts (and even some popcorn), in addition to my juice, As I have prepared my juices, I have experimented with variation......pear or apple, jalepeno pepper, onion or garlic, beets, cilantro, etc. When I was shopping the other day, a friend saw my cart and commented on the amount of produce....something like, "What are you doing, Rick, buying out the produce department?". Of course, that gave the segue into explaining my adventure! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments. Please keep them to the point, clean, positive aand uplifting!